Where to Find Radio Frequencys

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedude

Train Attendant
I will be traveling on the Accela Express from WAS to PHL. I would first like to know if you are still alowed to used Radio Scanners on trains, and where I would be able to find the frequencys for the different sections of track. Thanks.

There's no set rule against using scanners on Amtrak, but you do want to follow a couple guidlines. Make sure you always use head phones and the volume is turned to low and never inquire the crew about certain conversations you may hear over the scanner. In my mind these items are just out of common curtisy and remember you're just using the scanner for your own entertainment. You can find frequencies for the Acela Express (Northeast Corridor) route here at OTOL.

I have another question about the Accela Express. If I have a buissness class ticket, am I still able to get into the Accela lounge in Washington, DC?

thedude said:
I have another question about the Accela Express. If I have a buissness class ticket, am I still able to get into the Accela lounge in Washington, DC?
Nope, you must have a first class ticket to access the lounge.

The only other way in would be if you happened to have a GR coupon that allows same day access with travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back