Where to Stay/Eat in PDX

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RRrich

Conductor
Many of us seem to be spending a night in PDX with the new CS mud schedule. Let's share info.

I got on Priceline and offered $70 for a place in downtown PDX - got the Residence Inn Portland Downtown/River Place which is a bit "out of the way" but what the heck. I understand that there is a place called kenny and zukes that has amazing pastrami (but I was raised in Katz's)

Got any other suggestions? I'm really looking for seafood

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of us seem to be spending a night in PDX with the new CS mud schedule. Let's share info.

I got on Priceline and offered $70 for a place in downtown PDX - got the Residence Inn Portland Downtown/River Place which is a bit "out of the way" but what the heck. I understand that there is a place called kenny and zukes that has amazing pastrami (but I was raised in Katz's)

Got any other suggestions? I'm really looking for seafood
Stay at the Riverplace Residence Inn. You won't regret it. There are some great restaurants in that area, all within walking distance. Waterfront Park is also there and it is nice to stroll around after dark and see the lights of the city and the bridges going over the Willamette River. The hotel may have shuttle service, not sure. Or you could take the MAX train from Union Station and connect to the Portland Street car, which stops right in front of the hotel. Both are free in "zone" you would be riding them in. And if you want to explore the city you can catch the streetcar and head back downtown.

All great suggestions.

But just in case someone stumbles upon this thread in the future and sees that "the CS no longer connects to the EB"

it should be noted that this is only a temporary issue, and that (as has been reported elsewhere on this board) the mis-connect

only lasts until the end of March 2011.

How is the food in the PDX Station Restaurant?
:hi: Its a good resturant but pricey! Lots of great eating places in Portland, Google up the whole town,the food and the pubs, especially the brew pubs are great here! Only negative about Portland is the winter weather and as Yogi Berra MAY have said: "It's too popular, no-one goes there anymore! :lol:

How is the food in the PDX Station Restaurant?
:hi: Its a good resturant but pricey! Lots of great eating places in Portland, Google up the whole town,the food and the pubs, especially the brew pubs are great here! Only negative about Portland is the winter weather and as Yogi Berra MAY have said: "It's too popular, no-one goes there anymore! :lol:
The weather people call the Pac Northwest "fungus corner" for good reason!

A good place to stay for $90 or so, including continental breakfast, the NY Times for free, a kitchenette and a location right across the street from Powell's, is the Mark Spencer Hotel. Recently upgraded to include flat-screen TVs and fitness center.

It's also close to Light Rail lines, and walkable to Union Station on the two days each month that it's not raining! :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back