Who is the person who saw a tornado?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
In view of Verna's question about tornadoes, elsewhere on this forum, I recall that somebody on this forum has reported they saw a tornado while taking a train ride as a child. It was a column about "first train trips" and memories", etc.

I think the guy was on the CZ, possibly going through Wyoming. I think he also reported a dome lounge car being switched on in Denver. What I wander is this. DId the tornado have make any difference to the operation of the train? Did you sense you were in danger? Did the train stop? Or was the tornado funnel cloud way off in the distance and not a threat?

Actually, I think this guy's story has been reported twice, each time a post came up about early train-riding memories.

In view of the northbound Crescent last night losing about 10 hours(which I have re-counted on the post Verna originated) over this kind of thing, just wander about what this guy experienced in whichever Western state it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back