Why Can't I Reserve 3 adults in a Room?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a child is traveling alone, I am pretty sure they need to pay a full adult fare. Not to mention having a stack of authorizing documents signed in triplicate by their parents, their lawyer, and the father, son, and holy ghost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there'd be a major issue caused by inviting a guest from coach to sit in your sleeping car with you for a while (during the day) ... if it's explained to the sleeping car attendant I think most of them would be fine with it. (I've shown my sleeping-car room to curious, unticketed passengers before with no problems.)
The dining car would be another matter, and deservedly so.
I was with a party of 3 (two in a roomette, one in coach) last October. We didn't have any problems inviting the 3rd person back on either the SWC or LSL -- he did pay for meals in the diner.

I had the exact same problem couple months ago. Bottom line is the computer system will no longer let you book 3 people in one room. So the third person bought a coach ticket and we told the conductor that they are with us. We got all three meals free included. Basically the onboard staff are not aware of the new policy that three adults cannot book one bedroom. this was in August 2009. Search this forum for the long thread about this topic in August.

We tried to book three in the family bedroom last January and they would not let us do it. I am short so I can fit and I did two years before when we all got the family bedroom. I was not real comfortable but oh well, what else is new? Now when we tried to do it last January, they would not let us book it even through the phone. I even tried a couple times. I will be curious if they let you do it. We finally got two roommetes and my daughter liked being by herself talking on her phone a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back