Wi-Fi for the Frequent Flyer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR 60

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
GoGo, the Wi-Fi contractor for AirTran, Delta and American Airlines, among others, is now offering access by monthly subscription. $35 gets you unlimited access for all your Wi-Fi devices on any GoGo equipped aircraft on any airline. With per-flight pricing of up to $12, the monthly plan would pay for itself after just three transcon one-ways.

SF Gate, April 8

GoGo

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a good deal if more of their planes were equipped with Wi-Fi. Most my flights seem to be on RJ's and they don't have wi-fi. I do only pay $10 a month for Boingo wireless in the airports. Thats a pretty good deal.

Maybe a good deal if more of their planes were equipped with Wi-Fi. Most my flights seem to be on RJ's and they don't have wi-fi. I do only pay $10 a month for Boingo wireless in the airports. Thats a pretty good deal.
I should have my first opportunity to try Gogo in two weeks. I have a flight PHL-SFO on a US A321. Almost all the A321's on US are wi-fi equipped. There is certainly a "cool" factor involved! :cool:

I should have my first opportunity to try Gogo in two weeks. I have a flight PHL-SFO on a US A321. Almost all the A321's on US are wi-fi equipped. There is certainly a "cool" factor involved! :cool:
It works pretty well. When Gogo first rolled out on Delta, they had Gogo representatives handing out free passes in ATL for people getting on a Wi-Fi equipped plane. It was pretty cool to be chatting with my buddy at 35,000 feet though.

Back