Will CSX clean up this mess by Thursday, 2/11

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well . . . I'm cutting bait on the Capitol Limited. It is canceled for tomorrow based on the most recent update on Amtrak's website. I am now calling Amtrak to see if I can do an out and back to Boston.

Only 3 room left on 448 on Thursday. I hope I get a reservation agent soon.
That sucks; hopefully you can get alternate arrangements. A lot of people are in the same boat as you, not that it's any comfort.

I got a room on 448. It ended up being 60 dollars cheaper than the routing via Washington, D.C. I have a nice hotel in Boston, a day to sight see, and 2 nice long train rides in viewliner sleepers. Pretty good outcome.

I'll miss the ride on the Acela.

Only 3 room left on 448 on Thursday. I hope I get a reservation agent soon.
That sucks; hopefully you can get alternate arrangements. A lot of people are in the same boat as you, not that it's any comfort.

I got a room on 448. It ended up being 60 dollars cheaper than the routing via Washington, D.C. I have a nice hotel in Boston, a day to sight see, and 2 nice long train rides in viewliner sleepers. Pretty good outcome.

I'll miss the ride on the Acela.
Glad to hear it worked out for you! Enjoy Boston. Hopefully you will be able to get around the city without too much problem.

Well . . . obviously they did not. However, as I mentioned last night, I booked a roomette to Boston on 448 for tomorrow night. There were three room left last night. I got one for 360 IIRC, and tonight I saw a price of 430 or there abouts. So I made my adjustment at the right time.

Thanks for your help. Hope your trips go as planned.

For the record, I have been traveling Amtrak several times a year since the mid 1990's. This is only the second time I had plans altered by a canceled train. The last one was in 1997 or 1998 in January when the Pennsylvanian was annulled west of Pittsburg. I was enroute from PHL to CHI. I was able to finagle a room on the Capitol Limited. I booked a hotel for the 8 or 9 hour layover in Pittsburg. I got a good rate, and watched the 49rs beat the packers. It was a great time. I got a refund on the sleeper portion because the heat malfunctioned in my car. The porter provided plenty of blankets, and i had a restful trip. In Chicago, they refunded me the rate of the room from Washington even though I boarded in Pittsburg. I told the agent, but still got the nice refund. Okaaaay! So I cant complain about that one.

Of course I have had my share of delays, even one of 11 hours on the City of New Orleans which was one of my all time favorite trips. LOL.

So in summary, this is still gonna be a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back