Will the cardinal become daily with 3R/Palm cuts?

• Thread starter Pacific Command
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pacific Command

Enough cars will be available, as a daily cardinal would need 3 or 4 sets. the sleepers and lounges could come from the 3r, with the coaches from the palmetto.

Pacific Command said:
Enough cars will be available, as a daily cardinal would need 3 or 4 sets. the sleepers and lounges could come from the 3r, with the coaches from the palmetto.
I don't know about with the other train, but in regard to the "Palmetto," the cars which will be freed up will be needed on the "Star" and "Meteor." And I forsee a spike in ridership when direct service to TPA from ORL and JAX returns. So the cars most likely will be needed here in FL service. If my memory serves me correct, I remember the old "Palmetto" using Amfleet I equipment (similar to the "Carolinian") instead of the Amfleet II equipment which is currently used on the "Palmetto." We'll see....

posted from a laptop in the dark thanks to Frances!!! :lol: :D

Hope all is ok with the rest of us here in FL! Post when you can!!!

I'm gonna guess the coaches from the Palmetto will be split between the Silver Meteor and Silver Star. The coaches from the Three Rviers will probably be split between the Lake Shore Limited and Pennsylvanian. Amtrak is already short on lounges so its good that 8 or so are being put back into the pool. The sleepers I' m going to highly suspect are going back to the Federal where they'll pick up a lot of revenue.

I will miss the palmetto, but I like the idea of direct service via the aline to tampa. I for one will probably take advantage of this service. Maybe the cardinal one day will become daily, but I think the equipment will go to other services.

posted from a laptop in the dark thanks to Frances!!! :lol:   :D

Hope all is ok with the rest of us here in FL! Post when you can!!!
Heh, today my power was only out for 3 hours. I didnt appear to get that hardly hit, although southern parts of my county did. You never know how much you miss power, untill you dont have it.

The worst part obs is that this was are second hurricane in 3 weeks in central florida, and another one could be on the way. :unsure:

I read that the Three Rivers' sleepers are being added to the Lake Shore Limited. If they were going back on the overnight Regional (Federal doesn't exist anymore), I guarantee you Amtrak would have announced that already, with much fanfare.

But, to answer the question that started the thread: no.

For those of us who frequent the Cardinal, keep the lounges and sleepers, give us our diner back!

I would place this one in the highly unlikely category. Didn't they cut the Cardinal back to 3 days a week originally because it was unable to have enough passengers to support a daily schedule? Maybe if the train is doing well we can see them add a day of the week to the schedule. Even then they would probably have to hire more crews along the line to cover the additional train.

-Firebert

There are cases like the Texas Eagle where ridership shot up after going daily vs. try weakly (3x/week).

[There are cases like the Texas Eagle where ridership shot up after going daily vs. try weakly]

As will be the case when/if the Sunset goes daily. :)

Back