Wilmington low platform

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Ryu

Conductor
I am on the Cardinal right noe ar Wilmington. The train is parked next to a low level platform. Is that platform being used by SEPTA?

Wilmington has three tracks, with two side platforms and one center island platform.

The center high level platform is used by Amtrak, with a track on each side.

The southern platform, which was recently redone and is now half high, and half low, is used by SEPTA, or by the occasional Amtrak train to pass another train (I saw an Acela use it once to pass my late regional train, but it was a tricky stop for them since all of the doors could not open since it is not a full length high level platform).

The northern platform is all low level, shares its track with the center platform. I'm not sure how/if that north platform is used anymore.

The anniversary train won't get there until after SEPTA service has ended for the night, and will most likely be parked on the SEPTA track at the high level portion of the platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys post on this forum from a moving train? I thought there was no WiFi on the Cardinal!
Heh... I always have Wi-Fi whenever I need it, provided I have cell signal :) And it usually performs way better than the Amtrak provided one, since I have the whole 3G channel to myself.

How do you guys post on this forum from a moving train? I thought there was no WiFi on the Cardinal!
I use the iPhone app that is free on the app store. It's IPB forums. IPB is who provides with the forum layout IINM. Many of us AU iPhone users have it and use it. In fact I'm posting from my iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back