WISH ME WELL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Haithcoat

Engineer
Honored Member
Finally, here is my itinerary

Sept. 11 Saturday lv. Atlanta, Crescent, standard bedroom

Sept. 12 Sunday arrive NYP

Sept 13 Monday Maple Leaf, business class, from NYP to Toronto

Sept. 14 Tuesday lv. Toronto 9 a.m. EDT on The Canadian, double bedroom, three nights.

Sept. 17 Friday arrive Vancouver 7.50 a.m.PDT.

Sept. 19 Sunday lv. Vancouver, Canadian, double bedroom, three nights 5:30p.m.PDT (or 1730, Canadian usage)

Sept. 22 Wednesday arrive Toronto 8 p.m.EDT

Sept. 23 Maple Leaf, business class, Toronto to NYP

Sept. 24 Friday morning tour NJ Transit with Alan B. and Superliner Diner

Sept. 24 Friday afternoon lv NYP Crescent, standard bedroom

Sept. 25 , Saturday back home in ATL

It has been 30 plus years since I made this trip so I am anxious to see it again!!

Furthermore, I have not been on a commercial long distance train since last August's trip (saving the money for this one) . Again, I am more than ready!

gswager said:
Have a great trip and Happy Birthday Bill while you're in Vancouver (if I'm right)! :D

You are quite right---I will go out a youthful vigorous 59 year old and come back a crochety, grouchey mean old 60 year old. All in one trip.(actually it will happen on my way back from Vancouver, but you are close enough)

But as somebody at my office said, better to be "6o in the Rockies" than to be "60 in a rocker"!! I am trying to hold on to that thought.

Aloha

Have a great time. The cross Canada is one I want to ride also, enjoy. If the comment is correct Happy Birthday.

Eric

Bill, sounds like a wonderful trip, guess I'll have to live vicariously through you while you're on it. Have a great time, and give us a detailed report when you return. B)

gswager said:
Maple Leaf, business class, from NYP to Toronto
I've never heard of Maple Leaf in US, let alone in Canada! Is NYP referring to New York Penn?
Yes, NYP is Amtrak's designation for Penn Station New York. The Maple Leaf, train #'s 63 & 64 provide service from NY to Toronto, via Albany and Buffalo.

Back