Wolverine to Pontiac

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Creighton

Train Attendant
Finally getting my train on today. Taking the Wolverine to Pontiac. The Amtrak gate agent is exasperatingly trying to get business class, seniors, military and families on the train. Leaves like 3 of us sitting here waiting to board.

20 minutes late into New Buffalo. Slow out of Chicago. Stopped for a freight and then an Amtrak while parallel to the skyway. Now moving at a fast clip.

They preboard mil now?

That pb lounge must have been packed!!

Then again, the entire area has always been packed in my experience.

You have a nice day for riding!

They were pre boarding Active Military folks yep. Also randomly searching people's luggage. They got the guy behind me. Nice sunny day for the ride. About 7 or 8 minutes late right now.

By the time they board BC, military, elderly, and people with kids, I always feel like we're one of the last 15 people in the waiting area. It's crazy, but I understand why they do it. However... we finally got so tired of waiting and fighting for seats (have you ever seen a herd of people RUN for the Wolverine?) that we get BC as often as possible. That waiting area gets downright stupid on Sunday night, and I've seen a few people knocked into posts by that stupid herd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back