Woman says Amtrak worker drugged...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
A Massachusetts woman claims in a $10 million lawsuit that Amtrak's chief of onboard services drugged and raped her in a sleeper car while she traveled from Boston to Miami three years ago.
Full article from the Boston Herald can be read here.
It sickens and angers me that an Amtrak employee or anyone for that fact would do such a thing. Amtrak should look over its employee records and layoff anyone with a bad criminal record. However, is it Amtrak's fault? Shouldn’t the lady file suit against Beasley?

They give the guy's name in the article. Why would he be gving a free upgrade to a sleeper anyway, except to do what she said he did. I don't know why Amtrak took him back. He basically, at the minimum, stole revenue from Amtrak by providing a free upgrade. This is disgusting and apppalling.

My girlfriend was bothered by a guy on 48 about 2 years ago. She was in coach, and since I told her how to handle incidents of poor service, she took his name down and called the customer complaint line. She got a free trip out of it.

Right now, I would not be comfortable encouraging any women to take a train if she's gotta worry about this kind of stuff. Damn!

a free upgrade? And we wonder why Amtrak is broke? You would think a chief on on board services would be trying to sell extra sleeper space to coach passengers, even if for bare minimum prices, but not give it away. The fact that he gave her this upgrade makes him very suspicious... ;)

I would be very cautious if I was offered a free upgrade by a person I don't know. There's being nice and then there's just weird. If it were me I'd be getting some red flags thrown up in my head if I got a FREE upgrade. There's getting an upgrade because you personally were hassled (late train etc) but for no reason, that's a little weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back