writing our own Amtrak story of the Night Before Christmas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NE933

Conductor
A few of Santa's reindeer are under the weather, and Kris Kringle himself has been overworked with software glitches that make it difficult for him and his team of elves to get all the right presents for everyone on Christmas morning. At the tiny train station, a train awaits, the Amtrak name emblazoned across the locomotive and each car. Besides toys, food and clothes are on board for the downtrodden. The nuns of Maria's monastery lead the nine reindeer on, and Santa uses Rudolf's powered nose to rev up the 822, taking off in the snowy moonlit darkness at 9PM December 24, 2014.

Ok, now someone continue __________

Twas the night before Christmas

And all through the shed

Not an engine was stirring

Cause the crews were in bed

The air hoses were hung

On their brackets with care

In hopes that 90psi

Soon would flow there

The Amfleets were resting

All snug in the yard

Their HEP cables plugged in

To the stands that are hard (hardstands)

Ok I give up.

So an angel heart MattW say 'he gives up' with the train awaiting departure. Twinkling his magical fingertips, sparkling divine powers enveloped the consist and crew members who lived nearby sacrificed half an hour to make the hookups, while the powers that be attended to the rest. 822's guttural growl vibrated the cold air, the rails shined like diamonds, and the trees and signals ahead glowed like UFO's.

Continue __________

Oh, were we supposed to go off your short story (I thought it was closer to finished)? Sorry, I went off the tittle. Whoopsie.

Um, I'll give it a shot then.

The signal glowed red over green, "Amtrak Christmas Special, Engine 822 has Medium Clear siding to the main southbound" called Santa into the road channel as the dispatcher lined the train from the station track onto the main. From there on, Clear aspects were all the train received as 822 shouldered on ahead pushing up to 79mph. The freights were all parked, in the sidings with care, because Santa and his train, soon would pass there. (Sorry, had to save SOME of my pride! :p )

Merry Christmas everyone!

The passengers were all eyes glued to the window...

The rocking and rolling of the cars soothing them...

Those snuggled in the roomettes.

Those ensconced in their bedrooms.

And all those safely nestled with their newfound friend on their magical lounge chairs...

All hoping to spy.....

Enuf already! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

....a friendly Congressman, to give out gifts. They heard in tales from their parents and grandfolks (who lived through the Depression) that such a creature does exist. And, if you wish upon a star....truly believing....it just might come true. Tonight is the night, once a year, when he supposedly passes through trains and offers his benediction upon all.

The dining staff readied

The LSA took reservations

Salad and dressing

Was set out in preparation....

And the bah humbugs who try to sour the pot missed the train and got stuck eating dried four month old cookies and cold water until the next one came.

But ours left with gifts and goodies in tow, along with the group of us in the warm Amtrak cars barreling at the century mark powered by the Phase III 822. Towns, cul-de-sacs, and city buildings interspersed with forests and streams. Locomotive siren blaring at the crossings, we stopped one of the View II baggage cars opened and a couple of handlers removed three burlap bags on the cart.

Continue _____

There they were. As all stood astonished. The Speaker of the House, The Senate Majority Leader. And the Vice President.

"What should we do?" The astonished people at the platform thought. "Tie them back up and put them on the Capitol Limited?"

"No!" Shouted the conductor. "Wait. They may have a special surprise for you."

They said, "NEC, LD, and freight will all get along," and that is my addition to this song.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back