Zephyr Cardinal Connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that question last fall, and was given this link:

http://juckins.net/amtrak_status/archive/html/connections.php

It's very useful for any connecting train, but you are going to be arriving on the 6 to CHI, and departing on the 50. Be sure and check only Tu - Th - Sa. Hmmn, seems to be ginving data for CZ arrivals every day except Sunday -- perhaps on the assumption that they will all "connect." I'm sure you can sort out the arrivals that are SUPPOSED to connect with the Cardinal. Looks like in the last month, it has connected eight times (perhaps with the help of hoilding the Card) and missed three times.

When checking the CZ connection to Cardinal be aware that June 1-8, the Zephyr detoured through heavy freight traffic delaying Wyoming from SLC to DEN so was hours late and this is an type delay will not be affecting connections beginning with the June 10 Chicago arrivals. My personal experience was on the CZ eastbound passing through Wyoming June 4. We were 5 hours late arriving Denver, my destination. For some reasons I am not sure that same CZ lost another 7 hours in Nebraska arriving in Chicago past 3AM June 6 instead of afternoon of June 5. Hopefully, beginning with those trains that resume the regular route through Colorado Tuesday, June 9, travel times should resume being within 2 hours arrival time in Chicago.

It's very useful for any connecting train, but you are going to be arriving on the 6 to CHI, and departing on the 50. Be sure and check only Tu - Th - Sa. Hmmn, seems to be ginving data for CZ arrivals every day except Sunday -- perhaps on the assumption that they will all "connect." I'm sure you can sort out the arrivals that are SUPPOSED to connect with the Cardinal. Looks like in the last month, it has connected eight times (perhaps with the help of hoilding the Card) and missed three times.
Yes, it's on my list to try and fix that daily-to-triweekly train connection search. It got a little complicated with very late arriving trains, the calendar date changing, etc. I do have a note in red whenever the departing train is triweekly service.

Another thing you could search for is how often train #6 arrived into Chicago 4+ hours late, like this. (I chose 4 hours since that would mean the Cardinal is held for approx 1 hour.)

11/159 times or 4%.

I fixed that annoying bug with duplicate entries. "Connections" longer than 24 hours should now be ignored in most cases.

History for #6 connecting to tri-weekly #50 in CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back