#1(18) lost 7 hours in SAS?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Sunset Limited

* +---------------- Station Code

* | +----------- Schedule Arrival Day

* | | +-------- Schedule Arrival Time

* | | | +----- Schedule Departure Day

* | | | | +-- Schedule Departure Time

* | | | | | +------------- Actual Arrival Time

* | | | | | | +------- Actual Departure Time

* | | | | | | | +- Comments

* V V V V V V V V

* NOL * * 1 900A * 900A Departed: On time.

* SCH * * 1 1030A * 1034A Departed: 4 minutes late.

* NIB * * 1 1156A * 1156A Departed: On time.

* LFT * * 1 1224P * 1226P Departed: 2 minutes late.

* LCH * * 1 155P * 155P Departed: On time.

* BMT * * 1 348P * 348P Departed: On time.

* HOS 1 618P 1 655P 540P 655P Departed: On time.

* SAS 2 1205A 2 245A 1113P 909A Departed: 6 hours, 24 minutes late.

* DRT * * 2 549A * 104P Departed: 7 hours, 15 minutes late.

Arr. SAS an hour early, left 6 hrs late. Anybody know what happened? Car set out? Or power problems?

Waiting on Train 21, about 9 hours late due to delays then mechanical problems outside of Temple. Also delayed #2 and #22.

Besides the mechanical problems that #21 had, Texas was hammered by Severe Storms last night including tornadoes, hail, lightning strikes and flooding!

Two of our members were on #21 on the way to SAS to spend the night and then catch #2 to NOL! Needless to say I wasn't able to meet them in AUS like planned, Austin was hammered and #,21 arrived like 4am into s storm raveged Austin!

I just talked with them on #2, they're not even to Beaumont yet and will be extremely late into NOL in the wee hours!

Amtrak needs to run 2 P-42s on this train every day!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the Texas Eagle really is turning into the Empire Builder of the South with the frequent delays. I wanted to plan a SAS-SPI-GBB-SAC-SEA trip, but I am too worried about making the SPI-GBB bus connection. The only reason I made it last spring when I did that was because the Zephyr was 5 hours late leaving CHI and I was able to catch it there.

Thanks. Should have figured out it was a late TE.

I keep thinking of doing some kind of TE, SL, CONL circle, TE and CONL being two of the 3 current LD routes I haven't ever traveled. But like Steve said, it's hard to plan anything these days around the TEs.

Besides the mechanical problems that #21 had, Texas was hammered by Severe Storms last night including tornadoes, hail, lightning strikes and flooding!

Two of our members were on #21 on the way to SAS to spend the night and then catch #2 to NOL! Needless to say I wasn't able to meet them in AUS like planned, Austin was hammered and #,21 arrived like 4am into s storm raveged Austin!

I just talked with them on #2, they're not even to Beaumont yet and will be extremely late into NOL in the wee hours!

Nothing like trying to explain to my 60 something old parents that their train from Houston to New Orleans is late because the train from Chicago to San Antonio and thence to LA took a crap... :p

I could see holding "1"... they shoulda sent "2" and bustituted those few folks, IMO.

I see that #1 will arrive 5 hours late in LAX this morning. That is a more civilized arrival time, except for those making connections. Whoever thought up that predawn arrival schedule should be shot. If I was kicked out of my sleeper at 4:30 am I would not be happy.

Man, I have been tracking the TE on-time performance lately. I guess the best way to spin it would be to note that it eventually does get to its destination (usually).

Man, I have been tracking the TE on-time performance lately. I guess the best way to spin it would be to note that it eventually does get to its destination (usually).
Really don't want to hear that since we will be on the Texas Eagle this summer. Going Fort Worth all the way to Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back