1-zone reward roomette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo,Is this a one zone trip in a roomette coverable by 15000 miles?:

ATL-NOL-CHI-DEN

Would I end up with 3 tickets, each in a roomette?

The rail fare would be a separate charge, correct?

I can answer this for you. AGR can't book ATL - DEN that involves NOL as a stop as a 1 zone award.

Nevermind, just noticed the date on that original post.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the ATL to Denver is a 1 zone trip would an Atlanta to Colorado Springs (Bustitution from Denver to Colorado Springs) still be a 1 zone trip?
Why can't you plug in Atlanta to Colorado Springs and get the full trip to show, including a bustitution?
:huh: (Sorry it didn't line up!)

Atlanta, GA (ATL) To Colorado Springs, CO (COS)

Select Service Departs Arrives Duration Amenities Seats/

Rooms

$280.00 20 Crescent

Atlanta, GA

(ATL)

8:21 pm

05-OCT-08 Washington, DC

- Union Station

(WAS)

10:10 am

06-OCT-08 13h 49m Dining car, Lounge, Checked baggage 1 Reserved Coach Seat

29 Capitol Limited

Washington, DC

- Union Station

(WAS)

4:05 pm

06-OCT-08 Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

8:40 am

07-OCT-08 17h 35m Dining car, Lounge, Checked baggage, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

5 California Zephyr

Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

2:00 pm

07-OCT-08 Denver, CO

(DEN)

7:15 am

08-OCT-08 18h 15m Dining car, Lounge, Checked baggage, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

8305 Bus

Denver, CO

(DEN)

11:10 am

08-OCT-08 Colorado Springs, CO

(COS)

12:35 pm

08-OCT-08 1h 25m 1 Reserved Thruway Seat

What is the difference between Williams and Williams Junction? I can't get Wms Jct to show on the Route atlas.
There are several Grand Canyon "stations". Which do you use to get there without taking the private Grand Canyon Railroad?

Same question: Why can't you plug in Atlanta to Williams or Wms Jct and get the full trip to show, including bustitution?
Williams Junction (WMJ) is the stop for the SWC. Williams (WMA) is the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. They provide a free shuttle to the train. There is no other way to get there. It is private property and the gate is locked. they even turn off the "platform" lights just after the train leaves.

:huh:

Atlanta, GA (ATL) To Williams, AZ (WMA)

Select Service Departs Arrives Duration Amenities Seats/

Rooms

$294.00 20 Crescent

Atlanta, GA

(ATL)

8:21 pm

05-OCT-08 Washington, DC

- Union Station

(WAS)

10:10 am

06-OCT-08 13h 49m Dining car, Lounge, Checked baggage 1 Reserved Coach Seat

29 Capitol Limited

Washington, DC

- Union Station

(WAS)

4:05 pm

06-OCT-08 Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

8:40 am

07-OCT-08 17h 35m Dining car, Lounge, Checked baggage, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

3 Southwest Chief

Chicago, IL

- Union Station

(CHI)

3:15 pm

07-OCT-08 Williams Junction, AZ

(WMJ)

9:33 pm

08-OCT-08 32h 18m Dining car, Lounge, Onboard wheelchair ramp 1 Reserved Coach Seat

6803 Bus

Williams Junction, AZ

(WMJ)

9:40 pm

08-OCT-08 Williams, AZ

(WMA)

9:50 pm

08-OCT-08 0h 10m 1 Reserved Thruway Seat

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought I read that Amtrak would bustitute from Williams or Wms Junction to the Park itself and that there were 2 bus stops for Amtrak in the Grand Canyon National Park.

Thank you for your answers. I'm not catching on to something here because I kept getting "error code" 108x or something when I plugged Atlanta to Colorado Springs or Williams and then suddenly I must have done something right because Col Spr showed up. I need to work on it some more. Leaving ATL date is about 9/25 or 9/26.

I may need to call AGR about Col Spr being on a 1 zoner from Atlanta but from reading these threads it looks like it is from Atlanta-DC-Chicago-Denver.

Back