Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
I have recently begun to watch the tv show 24 (reruns and new). Most of it is set in LA and have been amazed how many times I have seen Amtrak on this show. The most recent one had a big scene at LA Union Station where they showed Surfliner and Superliner trains.

Anyway, if you watch the show, keep your eyes open. I have also seen superliners in the background a couple of times.

I'm a huge fan of '24' but never noticed Amtrak trains on there. :( I guess I need to pay more attention.

I know the season premiere a few years back took place on a train but did not see/notice if it was Amtrak or not.

Maybe in an upcoming episode, Jack will request the schematics of a sightseer lounge be uploaded into his PDA, or something... :p

Dan

I was there at Union Station when they were filming 24. My mother and I was leaving on the Coast Starlight that morning. Very interesting to watch what they were doing.

I have been a fan of 24 ever since that day.

I was there at Union Station when they were filming 24. ... Snip ... Very interesting to watch what they were doing.
I have been a fan of 24 ever since that day.
Aloha

Having spent 30 years in the industry never found a connection about watching, participating in, to enjoy a show. But what I agree with a hit show develops by the attitudes and closeness of crews and performers. Their excitement shows, when they get bored .... goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently begun to watch the tv show 24 (reruns and new). Most of it is set in LA and have been amazed how many times I have seen Amtrak on this show. The most recent one had a big scene at LA Union Station where they showed Surfliner and Superliner trains.
Anyway, if you watch the show, keep your eyes open. I have also seen superliners in the background a couple of times.

Hmmmm....... can anybody say product placement?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back