280 Empire Service cancel service MO - WE 4/25 - 7/18

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who has booked with Amtrak on train 280 Empire Service to NYP

From April 25th 2016 - July 18th 2016

CSX is doing last minute track work on the empire coordinator from 3am - 7am on MO- TU and WE

280 has been cancelled in it's place is train 282

train 282 will be leaving Niagara falls NY at 5:40am

train 280 normally leaves Niagara Falls NY at 3:55am

If u have booked train tickets in this route between these dates please re-check your itinerary on Amtrak.com

Back in Nov I booked a train from Buffalo NY to Atlanta, Georgia. Last week I randomly re-checked my itinerary and it came up as an error. I called Amtrak customer Service and they told me i was moved to train 282. Train 282 would make me late for my connection on train 19 Crescent. I asked why no e-mail was sent they said they were in the process of talking with CSX. As of today no e-mail or phone call was received to me. So i did research and u can take a shuttle from JFK or LaGuardia to penn station. so i cancelled my first leg on Amtrak 280, booked a one way flight to JFK (still got a good deal) and then a shuttle to Penn Station. I am so glad i checked ahead other wise It would not be a happy day on my departing day!

There is no reason to take a Shuttle from JFK to Penn station, the fastest way is all by rail. The AirTrain to Jamaica station to the Long Island Railroad, will take about 35 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back