2MM Points posted!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I worry that mine haven't posted? I registered and rode, and my regular points, as well as the Power Points, have posted for that day.
Based on the fact that you're the only one so far who has reported not getting them, yes, I would be worried. I suggest giving AGR a call.

Math is a weak spot, but let's see...
About 2,488 rides?
Yeah that's what I got...which seems low (and thus the resulting points delightfully high).

But I guess:

Not every passenger rode on 8/20;

Not every passenger who rode on 8/20 uses AGR;

Not every passenger who rode on 8/20 and uses AGR registered;

and so on.

It's like the AGR version of the Drake Equation. :p

Could some of the riders been E T's

Math is a weak spot, but let's see...
About 2,488 rides?
Yeah that's what I got...which seems low (and thus the resulting points delightfully high).

But I guess:

Not every passenger rode on 8/20;

Not every passenger who rode on 8/20 uses AGR;

Not every passenger who rode on 8/20 and uses AGR registered;

and so on.

It's like the AGR version of the Drake Equation. :p

Could some of the riders been E T's
Perhaps, but it would have been irrelevant. Only those with a US mailing address can be AGR members. :p

Should I worry that mine haven't posted? I registered and rode, and my regular points, as well as the Power Points, have posted for that day.
Based on the fact that you're the only one so far who has reported not getting them, yes, I would be worried. I suggest giving AGR a call.
My fiancee's hadn't posted when we looked on the first day the 2MM points hit (her travel for that date correctly posted some time ago) - I haven't checked since then.

My points have not posted either! Guess its another call to AGR.

Ok I think I figured out why points didn't post. My regular points posted, but it says I travelled on 8/19 and not 8/20!. GRRRR! So, Nick. You might check that out. To see if you AGR has you scheduled for the correct day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen several reports of people's trips posting with the wrong travel dates. Not sure why so many mis-posted, nor if this is a common problem (we've never really had a reason to worry about ensuring that the travel date was correct).

Many times, it may be as "simple" as a train departing from it's origination point on one day but not departing from your location until the following day. The tickets will post as the previous day (or days) as the travel date! :angry:

Example: If the TE is taken from DAL to SAS on the 20th, it began it's trip in CHI on the 19th. It may post with a travel date of the 19th! :angry:

I had this exact thing happen to me! On NTD, they offered bonus AGR points for travel that date. So I went KIN-BOS-KIN. I received the bonus for BOS-KIN, but not KIN-BOS! On closer look, #66 posted with a travel date of 1 day earlier, because it left from it's origin station on Friday! The only thing was that it did not depart KIN until 6:20 AM on Saturday - and thus qualified! :angry: (I called and got it straightened out! :) )

Back