3 Zone Bedroom, here I come....

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

Service Attendant
Woohooo. Finally hit over 50,000 points. I’ve been waiting for this for a while. It wasn’t too bad. I enrolled in the spring of 06’, so in just a tad bit over 2 years, I’ve accrued enough points for a 3 zone Bedroom for 2. I’m really happy about this. My plan all along has been to travel from Buffalo, NY to Seattle, WA, via the Lake Shore Limited and Empire Builder. Then I just recently started have second thoughts about the Empire Builder. Maybe the California Zephyr is better. Now I’m back to my original plan with the Empire Builder. The food will be better, I really want to see the northern country in the dead of winter and I think I want to end up in Seattle.

AGR is the best.

Mike S.

Congratulations!

Here's another idea. If you could afford it, and you would be willing to travel coach for 1 night (you would board in BUF @ midnight), you may want to BUY 2 tickets BUF-TOL for $82 (less discounts). (TOL is the border of the zones.) Then you could get a 2 zone award! (And earn more AGR points too! :p )

Personally, I think 20,000 points (the difference between a 2 zone bedroom award and a 3 zone bedroom award) is worth more than $82! :D

Another idea, since you can't decide between the CZ and EB is to do BOTH! (1 going west and 1 coming back east!) If you do a 2 zone award from TOL, and do one as a 2 zone bedroom award and the other way as a 2 zone roomette award, the total points needed will be ...

50,000 points! B)

What a fun thing to be confused about! :) I think Mike has a great idea and that you will be so glad you asked about this in the forum!

Back