#30 late late late!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
All info courtesy of our SCA on #29 leaving DC on 8/12. Posted from CUS while waiting for #7, on 8/13.

As we were westbound out of DC we pulled over for 30 eastbound! I checked out the train as it passed; dining car nearly empty, lounge car with about a dozen people inside. This was about 7:20pm EDT.

What the heck? About 1/2 hr later I noticed a EB freight with a Amtrak engine in tow behind the 2 freight diesels. Strange...

This morning I got an explanation from our SCA. 1st, a passenger had boarded 30 with a shotgun; not in checked baggage. The man got belligerent and the authorities were called. Some delay there. Later (I have no idea of times of these events), one of the engines quit, and further delays ensued. Apparently they found another Amtrak engine as I saw nothing strange when 30 passed us. My SCA said most PAX were bussed from Pittsburg to DC for connecting trains. We were on #30 about 10 days ago, glad we missed this one!

Anyone with corrections to details, feel free.

Good grief! It's Friday the 13th!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan,

Unless you're talking about the P42 the Penny uses, then no. I have never seen a protect engine in PGH. There's a good bit of private varnish connected to station power on track three though-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back