#67 New Years Eve/Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael061282

Lead Service Attendant
I've just book a trip leaving NYP for Richmond at 3:00am on #67 in Business Class... i've heard the train is usually crowded North of New York, but how is it to the South? Not that i really care, I'm not really planning on sleeping much anyway. Has anyone ridden it on a weekend or Holiday? This is one time I really do miss the Sleeping car they used to add on in NY back in the 80's

I suspect that the train will get busier as it continues moving south. Wilmington & Baltimore are probably rather decent stops for this train, much like Providence is going northbound.

But I've never done this train in coach either, so.................

It's usually very crowded south of nyp. I take it frequently and 90+% of the time you will need to share your pair of seats in coach. If its not sold out then it's very close to it.

Once you hit Baltimore, you get a lot of Amtrak employees riding so there arent any seats available in the cafe either until dc. I have seen some standees a few times. There aren't any other trains that get you to dc by 8:30 and Marc doesn't run on the weekend so it's pretty popular for those reasons. BC on this one is a good investment. Just bring earplugs. Since its the 1/2 cafe 1/2 BC car, it can be very noisy.

I've just book a trip leaving NYP for Richmond at 3:00am on #67 in Business Class... i've heard the train is usually crowded North of New York, but how is it to the South? Not that i really care, I'm not really planning on sleeping much anyway. Has anyone ridden it on a weekend or Holiday? This is one time I really do miss the Sleeping car they used to add on in NY back in the 80's
NYP will probably be a zoo, if you're talking 3am New Year's Day.

I've taken both 66 and 67 between BOS and WAS. They are both generally full in coach south of NYP and 66 north of KIN. This is the only Regional I would recommend BC, as they use the 2x1 ex-Metroliner Club Cars!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i did the business class thing and yes, I am expecting NYP to be a zoo at 3:00 but I have to get back to Richmond around Noon to pick my son up from a sleepover/birthday party thing so #67 it is.

I was right.. I couldn't tell any difference between 3:00am Penn Station on New Years Eve/Morning and 1:30pm Penn Station on December 28th. They were both madhouses. Somehow Amtrak managed to over book both trains, but thanks to Business Class.. it wasn't too bad. Oh and yes... the 2x1 seating in Business Class on #67 was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back