A Ride on the Wild Side

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
He was a well dressed man who was a bit late to catch his morning train to Chicago. He arrived at the station just as his train was leaving.
He checked the schedule. The next train did not stop at his station. And the next one would be about an hour later. That train was a local that made all the stops so at best he would arrive at the office an hour and a half later than normal. He thought about the three appointments he would be missing with a feeling of dismay.
The full and rather crazy story from That's What I Call Commuting.

Well that should certainly be a lesson to anyone that hopping on a feight train isn't a smart idea (unless of course you're the Conductor).

I think I flet like that guy after getting off a Southwest Airlines flight once...seems like the closest thing I'll ever get to riding on a freight train :)

What a great story! One of the best I have heard in a long time...........inasmuch as I have ridden a "mixed train",just once, I have a very slight feel for what he is talking about.....very slight, but just a little....

Looks like his wife would have recognized his voice, though.......

And, after all, had he not gotten on a "hot shot" his plan might have had a slim chance of working.......

Back