A salute to all of you!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

My name is Jack, and I am underway on a three-month journey around the country in which I'll be traveling almost entirely on Amtrak. (The exceptions are the occasional towns not served by this great railway.)

I am deeply impressed with the breadth and depth of knowledge so many of you have. My experience on Amtrak had been limited largely to running up and down the Northeast Corridor. I live in New York City and occasionally venture to DC and Boston.

This trip, however, is different. I am self-producing a national storytelling tour and am performing in almost two-dozen cities. At the time of this writing I am in Detroit, my 4th stop, and am bound for Chicago on Thursday.

I will read your many posts for tips and insights to rail travel, and I have already learned that photos from various stops and lines are desired, so I'll be sure to capture images and upload them in future posts.

On my website promoting the tour I have brief footage from each leg of my journey, but I don't know yet if it's acceptable for me to post that link here. For now I'll just say I'm quite excited to learn more about Amtrak and to see this beautiful country by rail.

Thanks, and please be in touch!

JackOnTheRails

IMG_4419.jpg

Wishing you a great journey Jack...yes, there are many mega-milers on this site who can direct you in the right direction if you hit any road blocks on the way. Alan is 99.999999999% right most of the time and I'm batting .0000000000 right now :lol:

Jack,
I think we can allow you to post the link once in a post.

Thanks, Alan!

The story is called "City Love Song", and so of course the website is www.citylovesong.com

The most recent video is always on the "What" page, and so too is a link to my YouTube channel where the rest of my travelogue videos can be found.

Best to all,

Jack

Wishing you a great journey Jack...yes, there are many mega-milers on this site who can direct you in the right direction if you hit any road blocks on the way. Alan is 99.999999999% right most of the time and I'm batting .0000000000 right now :lol:

Thanks, had8ley! I appreciate the gracious welcome and good wishes. I'll be sure to let y'all know if I hit one of those blocks.

Kind regards,

Jack

Hello!
My name is Jack, and I am underway on a three-month journey around the country in which I'll be traveling almost entirely on Amtrak. (The exceptions are the occasional towns not served by this great railway.)

I am deeply impressed with the breadth and depth of knowledge so many of you have. My experience on Amtrak had been limited largely to running up and down the Northeast Corridor. I live in New York City and occasionally venture to DC and Boston.

This trip, however, is different. I am self-producing a national storytelling tour and am performing in almost two-dozen cities. At the time of this writing I am in Detroit, my 4th stop, and am bound for Chicago on Thursday.

I will read your many posts for tips and insights to rail travel, and I have already learned that photos from various stops and lines are desired, so I'll be sure to capture images and upload them in future posts.

On my website promoting the tour I have brief footage from each leg of my journey, but I don't know yet if it's acceptable for me to post that link here. For now I'll just say I'm quite excited to learn more about Amtrak and to see this beautiful country by rail.

JackOnTheRails

IMG_4419.jpg

Welcome Jack.

Glad to see that your journey is just as important as your destination. You will some problems along the way I am sure. We all have a problem once in a while. Its how you solve the problem that counts.

Hello!

JackOnTheRails

IMG_4419.jpg

Welcome Jack.

Glad to see that your journey is just as important as your destination. You will some problems along the way I am sure. We all have a problem once in a while. Its how you solve the problem that counts.
Or if you have a problem that you can't solve, share it with us. I'm sure it will either be solved by someone here, or at least give future travelers, perhaps even Amtrak itself, a "heads up" that might come in useful.

Are you going to do any storytelling on the train?

Back