Acela advertising wraps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point is, if a high speed train is truly high speed and most of the times runs high speed, there would not be any point in putting wrapped ads on them since no one will be able to figure out what it says as the train zooms by at 300+kph. It's only when the (so called) high speed train mostly runs at 160kph or below that it makes sense to put ads on them.

I agree that I am not a fan of the wrapped acela train sets. I don't understand why the wrap includes the windows. The MBTA has had wrapped trains but don't always do the windows. Then you get the best of both worlds.

To the poster who said they were going on a trip in October I think it was, you have no worries. This current TLC promotion only goes for one month. So by the end of August, it will be gone. And BTW, thanks to the OP for linking to my shots and not just stealing them. I really do appreciate it!

Darryl Rule

Levittown, PA

These are not equivalent to Acela wraps not in any sense whatsoever. These trains are all local or commuter services. To be equivalent, the wraps would have to be on Shinkansen trainsets. I don't think you will find one of those trains with any form of advertising wrap anywhere.
Let me clear that up for you.

In Japan the subways are full of ads, but the high-speed trains are not.
Are you caught-up yet?
Yup

To the poster who said they were going on a trip in October I think it was, you have no worries. This current TLC promotion only goes for one month. So by the end of August, it will be gone. And BTW, thanks to the OP for linking to my shots and not just stealing them. I really do appreciate it!

Darryl Rule

Levittown, PA
Welcome Darryl! And that was my post as far as the October trip. Whew! That is great info and I appreciate it. :)

Thanks for the welcome and glad I could set your mind at ease!!! Hopefully for your sake nobody pays them to do another before October!!!

Darryl

IMHO, I have not ridden any train with wraps, but I have ridden buses with them. At first, I thought they spruced up the look, but they do affect visibility. I now think they tend to cheapen the look of the item that is wrapped. I would prefer not to ride a train or anything else with restricted views because of advertising, period.

I hate to tell you ,but very few people riding Acela are looking out the window. They are business people working on laptop, cell phones and talking to each other. Rail fans want to look out the window, but most Acela passengers could care less. Plus, this is money for Amtrak and I believe they will get the idea that covering the windows is not a great idea, no matter who is riding.
I hate to tell you... but just because I'm working on a laptop or talking to someone (both of which I do when riding the train) does not mean I do not enjoy looking out a clear window. In all honesty, I have paid the difference to ride the Acela just because of the larger windows then on the Regional. Now you can call me a "fan" if you'd like.
Amen. By some folks' logic, I should wall off the windows in my house since, after all, I usually am not staring out them for extended periods of time. It's about natural light, ambience, the ability to look out when the computer screen is giving you a headache. The "corner office," and its associated windows, is still traditionally awarded by a company to someone who they think has earned it. Presumably the windows are enjoyed, without succumbing to the temptation to gape out them the entire working day until fired.

Some people have a strange concept of "business trips," and I have to wonder if they actually take them on a regular basis. You don't have to live on military surplus MRE's and you're allowed to look out windows from time to time. And people on the Acela do. I've ridden them enough times on business, pleasure, and everything in between to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back