Acela PVD to BOS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG you rode on the TGV.. i'm jealous!
The first time I went to Paris was in 1991 soon after the LGV Atlantique line was commissioned. I arrived in Paris in the morning. By 2pm I was at Gare Montparnasse buying a ticket to ride the TGV Atlantique to Tours 160 odd miles away, a one hour ride. I went out to Tours, hung out there and had dinner there and then came back to Paris arriving back at Montparnasse at 10pm. That then was the first TGV line to operate at 300kph/186mph. And that was my first TGV ride.

Since then I have ridden them a zillion times. The last time was last year on the TGV Est, the first TGV line to operate regularly at 200mph. A nice little morning ride from Paris to Luxembourg.

There was one time when I did a circle trip of France in a day mostly using TGVs Paris - Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseilles, Lyon, Paris. One can do this in a single day only because of TGVs. Now it takes even less time than it took me back in 1996.

Well now this is waaayyyyyy off topic unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
jis
i always wanted to do that.
You need to get a Europass to do that. If you do that using single tickets you won;t have money left to fly back to the US ;) Besides with Europass you get to do it in First Class for a reasonable price so that you don;t have to worry about food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back