Acela seating chart

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak website says:

"In general, northbound Acela trains that originate in Washington have First class at the rear. Southbound Acela trains that originate from Boston have First class at the front."

I'm also taking my first trip on Acela next month. When I look at the seat selection chart, it shows northbound cars 2 & 5 traveling with the highest row number towards the front, and cars 3 & 6 with row 1 towards the front. Car 2 is the Quiet Car.

If you book online, the system will assign a seat, and then you can choose your own seat on the web or app. On the web, first find the reservation, click on Details, and then Modify Trip. Click on the window-pane menu on the right to reveal Change Seats. I expect the workflow is similar on the app.
Thank you! I overlooked that part since I wasn't going to ride on the first class. This is good to know! :)

Hi again! Sorry, another question...I am a little confused by what I am seeing on Amtrak's website when I look at the seat availability on the Acela.

Car 3 shows A, C, D, F (from left to right) and car 5 shows F, F, C, A (from left to right)...Shouldn't the letters be in the same order for all of the cars when going northbound (Wilmington to NY)?

Car 3.pngCar 5.png

Another question...on the diagram, which ones are windows...the long light gray rectangles? Not the short dark rectangles?

Another question...on the diagram, which ones are windows...the long light gray rectangles? Not the short dark rectangles?
The Amtrak seat map does not show windows. You can try to match it back to the car layout in the first post, but I don't know how accurate that layout is. I notice it's missing small windows next to the accessible seats.

Back