Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine recently moved to NJ. He is thinking about going to BOS and was wondering what the difference is on Acela between First Class and Business Class and if the extra $$$$ to go First Class is worth it? I told him that I had very little Amtak info on Acela since I've only ridden on it once for about 30 miles.Thanks! He lives in Trenton and wants to take a regional to NYP and then take Acela to BOS.
Al: Im with the "if it's a Once in a Lifetime thing" it's Worth it! For Regular Travel on the NEC, Coach is fine and there are "Deals" all the time such as the $49 Fares! The only Biz Class I think is Worth it is for #66/#67 since its Overnight and it has the 2X2 Seating from the Old Metro Liners! Id say he should go for it, plus he'll get 750 AGR Points (if its during a Bonus Promo, Double or Triple! :) )
Are the #66 & #67's the only NEC or Regional cars that have 2x2 seating?
66 & 67 have 2x1 Club seating
I think that's what he meant. And that seating wasn't from the original Metroliners, they were from the newer "fake" Metroliners which were actually Amfleets.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine recently moved to NJ. He is thinking about going to BOS and was wondering what the difference is on Acela between First Class and Business Class and if the extra $$$$ to go First Class is worth it? I told him that I had very little Amtak info on Acela since I've only ridden on it once for about 30 miles.Thanks! He lives in Trenton and wants to take a regional to NYP and then take Acela to BOS.
Al: Im with the "if it's a Once in a Lifetime thing" it's Worth it! For Regular Travel on the NEC, Coach is fine and there are "Deals" all the time such as the $49 Fares! The only Biz Class I think is Worth it is for #66/#67 since its Overnight and it has the 2X2 Seating from the Old Metro Liners! Id say he should go for it, plus he'll get 750 AGR Points (if its during a Bonus Promo, Double or Triple! :) )
Are the #66 & #67's the only NEC or Regional cars that have 2x2 seating?
66 & 67 have 2x1 Club seating
I think that's what he meant. And that seating wasn't from the original Metroliners, they were from the newer "fake" Metroliners which were actually Amfleets.
Yeah, yeah um-hunh thats exactly what I meant ;) ... any how moving on..... Amamba We are staying at the Hilton Boston Dowtown/Faneull Hall on Broad St. We will be coming in from NYP on one of the afternoon Regionals, probably the #176 . So we should get off at south station(BOS)?.I can't justify the cost of the Acela's, but if I get the drift of this thread, it would be a waste of money to up-grade to BC even on the Regionals. Is that what y'all are saying? Thanks again RFLNK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that Hilton is walking distance from Boston South Station. If you put it into google maps you can do the walking directions. It is a half mile away. If that is feasible for you with your luggage, definitely walk it. It would only save you a block or two if you took the T, and then the closest stop is probably on the blue line (state or aquarium) so, IMO, the best thing to do is take the train all the way into South Station, the final stop, and then just walk to the hotel. It is a perfectly safe area, although it will be kind of deserted at nights and on the weekend because the financial district is obviously very business oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back