Adding a pax to a roomette

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grounded flyboy

Service Attendant
I am hoping to make my reservations in a roomette for the Seattle Gathering by the end of this week. I have a friend who wants to go along but cannot commit to the trip for a couple of weeks. I am not having any luck finding the procedure for adding another person to the roomette after I have the reservation. I assume it is possible to add on.

Planning to ride the Texas Eagle / Sunset Limited and the Coast Starlight. Especially worried about not getting sleeper accommodations on the CS if I wait much longer. Advice ?

I am hoping to make my reservations in a roomette for the Seattle Gathering by the end of this week. I have a friend who wants to go along but cannot commit to the trip for a couple of weeks. I am not having any luck finding the procedure for adding another person to the roomette after I have the reservation. I assume it is possible to add on.
Planning to ride the Texas Eagle / Sunset Limited and the Coast Starlight. Especially worried about not getting sleeper accommodations on the CS if I wait much longer. Advice ?
What Ryan said, adding that it's also important to make the reservation(s) for Cascades trains 501 and 508 that we'll be riding during Gathering V. Please see the Gathering forum thread "Amtrak Cascades Bookings for AU Gathering."

I agree with Ryan and Whooz too
ohmy.gif
. Book the roomette ASAP - you can always add his/her name on the reservation later. And as Whooz said, also book the 2 Cascades runs (if you may take them) for both of you! With the easy refund policy on Amtrak (as long as you cancel before the trip and the the tickets have not been printed, you get a 100% refund), there is no reason not to! And as far as the roomette, the accommodation charge is the same for 1 or 2 people - thus there is no reason to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back