Adirondack Speed Table Available?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerichowhiskey

Service Attendant
I will be traveling with a group of friends from NYP to Montreal on March 22nd though I'll probably be the only one curious about these sort of things. :giggle: Is there or has anyone made a table listing the speeds the Adirondack is held to?

-Jason

P.S.-I've noticed it's been arriving into Montreal as much as 40 minutes early for the past couple of weeks. Has there been track improvements recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not track improvements, it's because the Canadian Border agents are clearing the train a lot faster than their allotted time, plus all the recovery time in the timetable.

South of Albany you'll be cruising at up to 110 MPH. North of Albany it does slow down a bit as you exit Amtrak control and leave cab signal territory. I can't remember whether CP is signaled or if it is dark territory...If it is dark you'll be limited to 59 MPH.

South of Albany you'll be cruising at up to 110 MPH. North of Albany it does slow down a bit as you exit Amtrak control and leave cab signal territory. I can't remember whether CP is signaled or if it is dark territory...If it is dark you'll be limited to 59 MPH.
I know that at least through Saratoga it is signaled, as I've seen some of them. I think that most of the line does have signals, but there may be a stretch along the lake that doesn't have signals. But then one is lucky if one can go 59 MPH anyhow along much of Lake Champlain thanks to all the curves along the shoreline.

I know that at least through Saratoga it is signaled, as I've seen some of them. I think that most of the line does have signals, but there may be a stretch along the lake that doesn't have signals. But then one is lucky if one can go 59 MPH anyhow along much of Lake Champlain thanks to all the curves along the shoreline.
Thank you both! Will certainly be on the look-out. :)

Some of the track north of the border is not quite what could. I seem to remember the 4 miles of track between the border and Cantic were pretty rough. Then again the whole stretch from the border to Saint Lambert isn't exactly speedy by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back