AGR Blackout Dates

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it's also when you depart on ANY train that you board on that date. Example is if a blackout date was August 1 (not an actual date).

You depart NYP on July 31. That is not a blackout date, but you get to CHI to board the SWC on August 1. That is a blackout date, so it can't be done. However, if you board in NYP on July 30 and board in CHI in July 31, you get to ABQ (on your way to LAX) on August 1. That would be OK, since you are not actually boarding. (You are already on the SWC.)

But it's also when you depart on ANY train that you board on that date. Example is if a blackout date was August 1 (not an actual date).
You depart NYP on July 31. That is not a blackout date, but you get to CHI to board the SWC on August 1. That is a blackout date, so it can't be done. However, if you board in NYP on July 30 and board in CHI in July 31, you get to ABQ (on your way to LAX) on August 1. That would be OK, since you are not actually boarding. (You are already on the SWC.)

Thank You!

That answers my question, as I'm trying to plan my next trip.

RF

Back