AGR Credit Card change (October 2022)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my email is the same at both Amtrak and FNBO, hopefully I'm okay.

hoVDhUC.jpg

Here's a reply from FNBO to my question as to how our cc accounts are linked to AGR.

"
Here's their further response
"Both of your cards are linked to an Amtrak member number that ends in <last 4 digits of my AGR #>"

I mentioned to the person that someone who already has an AGR # applied for the cc and received a new AGR# since there was no way for them to provide their current AGR #. I suggested they let the "powers that be" who designed the application know this is an issue.

Maybe/hopefully if FNBO and AGR get enough complaints about people needing to correct their AGR number/convert a “new” account back into their existing one, they’ll realize they need a better way to match the accounts.

I have multiple email addresses, which I use for different purposes. It’s not a guarantee that I would use the same one for two different uses/organizations.

Or maybe FNBO realized that making people look up a random number during a credit card application dissuaded enough people from finishing the application that they’d prefer to do it this way so they actually open more accounts.

I just paid off my October balance. FNBO apparently has two interfaces. I think the default is to send you to the new one, which seems overly simplified to my taste, but useable. I was having problems entering my bank account information for online payments, so I tried switching to the old interface, which worked OK, except I was still having problems. At least the old interface let me know where my problem was -- my bank's routing number for my checking account. And this was the routing number that was printed on my checks! I then went online to my bank and found out that the routing number printed on my checks was wrong. I think I've been using this for years, so I'm not sure what happened. I used the routing number on the bank's website, and everything seems to have worked fine. I guess I should check and see if the transaction goes through. Otherwise, it looks like I'm good to go, everything is working just like it did on the old card.

I just paid off my October balance. FNBO apparently has two interfaces. I think the default is to send you to the new one, which seems overly simplified to my taste, but useable. I was having problems entering my bank account information for online payments, so I tried switching to the old interface, which worked OK, except I was still having problems. At least the old interface let me know where my problem was -- my bank's routing number for my checking account. And this was the routing number that was printed on my checks! I then went online to my bank and found out that the routing number printed on my checks was wrong. I think I've been using this for years, so I'm not sure what happened. I used the routing number on the bank's website, and everything seems to have worked fine. I guess I should check and see if the transaction goes through. Otherwise, it looks like I'm good to go, everything is working just like it did on the old card.
Heaven knows whose account from which financial institution was paying all your checks all these years! :D

Three more days until my FNBO account finishes its accumulation of charges and sends a bill. Will see how my bank and Omaha get along :cool:
Mine was due today--I paid it yesterday--and all went well. With BOA, usually it took two or three days before it debited my bank account. With FNBO, they debited it right away. I was anxious to see how well it worked; I always have nightmares about having entered the wrong routing number or some such.😳

Received my statement today, but when I looked at AGR points awarded. it said 127 on a statement total of over $600 including hotel and other transport charges. Called FNBO Customer Service. Pleasant agent who was going to check it out. They just transferred me to Amtrak AGR site. Lost any connection to the bank?? AGR said they had not received any points from FNBO yet, but did not know anything about my bank account issues. Did verify my AGR point totals ok. FNBO agent said I had no points in my AGR account?? After lunch will try to talk to FNBO again. Anyone else have issues with proper amount of AGR points being sent from bank to AGR?

Received my statement today, but when I looked at AGR points awarded. it said 127 on a statement total of over $600 including hotel and other transport charges. Called FNBO Customer Service. Pleasant agent who was going to check it out. They just transferred me to Amtrak AGR site. Lost any connection to the bank?? AGR said they had not received any points from FNBO yet, but did not know anything about my bank account issues. Did verify my AGR point totals ok. FNBO agent said I had no points in my AGR account?? After lunch will try to talk to FNBO again. Anyone else have issues with proper amount of AGR points being sent from bank to AGR?

My statement on one of my cards closes tomorrow. I’ll report back in a couple of days or so.

Hubby used our AGR MasterCard for the first time yesterday, to pay for a year's subscription to pollster Richard Baris on Locals. The hubby will be live-blogging the elections tonight, and appreciates Baris' passion for accurate polling.

Talked to 2nd agent at FNBO. They also do not have an answer. After looking at my statement, it looks like they are only transferring points for purchases made since they took over from BOA. Now the question is how to get the points for the purchases made between Oct 7 and Oct 23 when FNBO took over the account. I will be paying FNBO for all those purchases on this statement but no points sent to AGR for the pre FNBO period. ? They are having another person call me back within 48 hours. We will see how that goes.

I think it's reasonable to expect a couple days delay in posting points. Banks probably still do a lot of their processing in overnight batch runs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Amtrak does as well, given the antiquity of their systems.

Talked to 2nd agent at FNBO. They also do not have an answer. After looking at my statement, it looks like they are only transferring points for purchases made since they took over from BOA. Now the question is how to get the points for the purchases made between Oct 7 and Oct 23 when FNBO took over the account. I will be paying FNBO for all those purchases on this statement but no points sent to AGR for the pre FNBO period. ? They are having another person call me back within 48 hours. We will see how that goes.
I thought people had said here that those points were being posted daily by BofA.

🤯Hope we all get out Points!

Last edited:
Yes, my points were being posted daily.
@Railroad Bill, check your AGR transactions. Do you have daily posts for up to 10/23
Yes, very sorry for my confusion. I see now that my AGR account had regular credits from items I purchased on the BOA acct. Did not know how that worked but thanks for clearing up the issue. Will call FNBO and let them know we are good and the mistake was mine.

I made mistake here and thanks to members for clarifying my error. Those points had been added daily by BOA and I did not notice that until now. Pays to check AU to make sure you have the latest news about Amtrak 😁 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back