AGR: does "zone" = "region"?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCrails

Train Attendant
My question: is Columbia SC (CLB) in the same zone with DC (WAS)? On the AGR site's zone map, they show both 'regions' and 'zones'. The two stations are clearly in the same region, but not in the same zone as delineated on the map (WAS is in Northeast zone).

So, does "zone" = "region"? If so, I wish they'd just label them all as "zones" on the map!

Thanks to all of you who I'm sure will clear this up for me!

Signed "Puzzled"

There are only 3 zones you have to be concerned about - the east, the midwest and the west zone - for AGR redeeming. ONLY consider the Northeast Region in your calculations if BOTH your origination station AND destination station are within that zone! (Example BOS-WAS or PHL-BIF.)

If one is outside this region (in you case CLB), only consider it to be the eastern zone.Even if your trip was BOS-CLB, it would still be the eastern zone only, even though more than 1/2 is in the "Northeast region!

There are only 3 zones you have to be concerned about - the east, the midwest and the west zone - for AGR redeeming. ONLY consider the Northeast Region in your calculations if BOTH your origination station AND destination station are within that zone! (Example BOS-WAS or PHL-BIF.)

If one is outside this region (in you case CLB), only consider it to be the eastern zone.Even if your trip was BOS-CLB, it would still be the eastern zone only, even though more than 1/2 is in the "Northeast region!
I thought I understood it before, now I have an ice-cream headache!
mda.gif

I thought I understood it before, now I have an ice-cream headache!
mda.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mosking.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks! I understand...I think... although I have that same ice-cream headache.

I've been accumulating Chase points for a year and finally have enough to actually go somewhere.

Back