AGR Points for Shopping

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce-C

Service Attendant
I realize that these merchants come and go, but I did notice Sears dropped it's points bonus from 7x dollar spent to 1 pt. for dollar spent!!!!! :angry2:

I've noticed several merchants randomly changing their PPD-eBay just went up to 2 from 1...I'm sure there's more examples. Too bad Sears went down, that's a substantial difference...

I am an AGR newbie and just attempted to make my first purchase for points through the AGR website - 6 point per dollar at Golf Discount.com!

The order confirmation came through, but nothing on the email mentions AGR or my AGR account. I think I did everything correctly: my name and point balance was in an upper right hand window on the AGR site when I clicked into the merchant's site.

When I went back to the AGR site, that information was still there. However, when I clicked on "My Account" it asked me to log in. Was I properly logged in when I clicked to the merchant? Other than wait to see if the points post, is there any way to check to see if my AGR information went through? If it didn't, is there any way to get credit now that the order is complete?

Thanks!

I always view my account to make sure I am logged in before shopping with partners. I am not sure that just because your points, etc show in the window that you are fully tracked, but you may be. Points from shopping have always been a little iffy. Your points won't post for several weeks and you will receive nothing from the merchant about your points, so you won't know until about 6-8 weeks if you got the points or not. Good luck. I have been lucky and have had all my points from merchants post, but not everyone has had this success.

What I do just to be sure, is when I'm ready to check out, I always go to the AGR site and re-log in, and then re-enter that store via points for shopping. Everything should be in the "cart". Then I check out - and I know that the points should be awarded!
cool.gif

Back