AGR Points Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual straight talk from Anthony, a true friend to Amtrak supporters! Thanks Penny and Anthony!

Everyone should check out the AGR Forum on Flyer talk, good info there!( and our own AlanB is the Admin honcho!)

Last edited by a moderator:
From AGR insider this morning on FlyerTalk:

AGR is aware of the point posting issue and we are working with Chase to resolve delayed posting credit for specific statement closing dates in March. This issue is not related to the discontinuance of new credit card applications. Thank you for your patience.[/size]

Anthony[/size]
Notice the language: "discontinuance of new credit card applications", not "temporary suspension of new credit card applications".

As posted earlier, mine and wife's AGR Mastercard points for March did post as usual and have we transferred points from Sapphire Card to AGR without a glitch. So as of this morning, things are running as close to normal as expected at this end. I suppose it would be better for all of our blood pressures if we just mellow out and wait for the official word to come from AGR. Our former leader and friend Anthony is an honest man who will let everyone know what is happening as soon as Amtrak and AGR have concluded the final deal, if there is to be a new one or not. Peace, love :) :)
Great idea, much harder to do!

I have a bunch of Chase Ultimate Reward points that I do not want to transfer to AGR until I need them. But if we lose that transfer ability, without any notice, then I will be out of luck.
I spoke with my chase branch contact who took the issue and my concerns to the credit card department. He did get back to me and while they could not give me any answers regarding what would happen, I was assured that whatever did happen that there would be notification and a period of time to transfer ultimate rewards to AGR. My interactions so far with Chase have all been positive, but I am still somewhat nervous about the points transfer issue(I have a lot of points since I charge everything) and if I should just pull the trigger and transfer them all now. :eek:hboy:

As posted earlier, mine and wife's AGR Mastercard points for March did post as usual and have we transferred points from Sapphire Card to AGR without a glitch. So as of this morning, things are running as close to normal as expected at this end. I suppose it would be better for all of our blood pressures if we just mellow out and wait for the official word to come from AGR. Our former leader and friend Anthony is an honest man who will let everyone know what is happening as soon as Amtrak and AGR have concluded the final deal, if there is to be a new one or not. Peace, love :) :)

I have a bunch of Chase Ultimate Reward points that I do not want to transfer to AGR until I need them. But if we lose that transfer ability, without any notice, then I will be out of luck.
I spoke with my chase branch contact who took the issue and my concerns to the credit card department. He did get back to me and while they could not give me any answers regarding what would happen, I was assured that whatever did happen that there would be notification and a period of time to transfer ultimate rewards to AGR. My interactions so far with Chase have all been positive, but I am still somewhat nervous about the points transfer issue(I have a lot of points since I charge everything) and if I should just pull the trigger and transfer them all now.
That all sounds well and good but the reality is that Chase has already removed UR transfer partners suddenly and without any warning in the past. If you've already decided to spend those points with AGR I would transfer them now. I'd only keep them with UR if you're still not sure how you want to spend them.

My Chase AGR points from the March 27 statement posted today.
So, about a 2 week delay. My card closed today (the 10th) and every month since I've gotten the card, points posted on the 10th. Not today. I'll be patient and wait.
Other's have had theirs post on time after the timeframe these guys posts went missing, so yours should be there tomorrow.

My Chase account shows that points for Amtrak travel and other purchases have been credited to my account and transferred to Amtrak. However, my AGR account does not (yet) show the points as being available. I'm sure it's just a matter of a day until they show up.

I spoke with my chase branch contact who took the issue and my concerns to the credit card department. He did get back to me and while they could not give me any answers regarding what would happen, I was assured that whatever did happen that there would be notification and a period of time to transfer ultimate rewards to AGR. My interactions so far with Chase have all been positive, but I am still somewhat nervous about the points transfer issue(I have a lot of points since I charge everything) and if I should just pull the trigger and transfer them all now.
That all sounds well and good but the reality is that Chase has already removed UR transfer partners suddenly and without any warning in the past. If you've already decided to spend those points with AGR I would transfer them now. I'd only keep them with UR if you're still not sure how you want to spend them.
Yes, logically there is no reason not to go ahead and do it. Considering that 40,000 of those points will get me, at most, one $500 airline ticket vs.possible $2000 or more train trip value, not sure why I am hesitating. Thanks for the gentle push DA. :)

My Chase account shows that points for Amtrak travel and other purchases have been credited to my account and transferred to Amtrak. However, my AGR account does not (yet) show the points as being available. I'm sure it's just a matter of a day until they show up.
And they posted some time last night.

Back