AGR Quick Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Hey guys, hope things are going well. I have a quick question for those AGR select or select plus members. I was looking at the benefits of Select status (which I am) and I noticed this:

"Exclusive redemption opportunities, including a special bonus redemption offer"

So, im thinking ok what the heck. So it takes me to the next screen and says:

"As a Select or Select Plus member, you are eligible for a special redemption opportunity. When you click below to accept the offer, you will receive 2,500 points to use on the available redemption options. Choose the reward(s) you would like and follow the normal redemption process. If your redemption order exceeds the 2,500 points included in this offer, the additional points will be deducted from your account."

So I went ahead and clicked it, and I was suddenly awarded 2,500 points more into my account! I was taken to a screen full of magazines however. I have no intention of ever using these for any magazines though. Here is where my question comes in. What are these 2,500 points I just received? Can I use these towards redeeming Amtrak Travel? (I noticed that although I was awarded these points, my "Qualifying points" did not go up). If I cant use them towards Amtrak travel, are they only good towards these magazines in the promo ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they do it to promote the magazine subscriptions, but you can use those 2,500 points for anything you like, including Amtrak travel or other partnerships that Amtrak will allow you to redeem points.

And no, the points are not added into your qualification total to achieve status for next year. Bonus points generally never count towards status, only points earned for rail travel.

When are we getting the new Amtrak Credit Card? Wasn't that suppose to be in April?
They announced who the new company would be in May, but the new card won't be available till late summer/early fall IIRC.

And you should have gotten an email about the special offer to pre-register with Amtrak for the card and get double points when you first use it after it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back