AGR Spring/National Train Day Promotion coming 3/18

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it is actually a pixelated photo of David Copperfield and Amtrak will be introducing a promotional tagline "There's Something About a Train That's Magic". :p

It's probably a general picture to get people talking and whatever is in the picture is not specific to the thing they will announce.

I agree and I've been waiting for that promo.
Personally, I don't think they'd call it a 'big announcement' if it was something that only a certain segment of Amtrak pax would be interested in or even know about - Niantic River Bridge, ... what?
Well... actually, it may be a fairly small "certain segment" of Amtrak travelers who are going to take multiple rides on National Train Day to get extra AGR points too ... I am an AGR member, but have no idea of doing that... I am hoping for something entirely new and different ... but I have no idea what. That's what a surprise is, isn't it?
I was thinking more along the lines of last spring's almost 2 month long double points promotion.

I'm hoping for triple points instead and not just for NTD.

Wouldn't it be nice if it was a surprise re-opening of the sunset limited past New Orleans to Jacksonville? I know wishful thinking.
That was my second thought. My third thought however, is the bridge looks a little like the St. John's River Bridge in Jacksonville, so maybe some new agreement on FEC service. It also looks a little like the Hellgate bridge.
Or the Desert Wind will be re instated to LAS VEGAS :p Eric, Here WE COME!!! :eek:

My first impression of the picture was a street or track running up to a big station building. But then there are the two vertical lines on the right, so a bridge or trestle?

I vote for June's idea of the SL east!

AGR Insider just Posted on AGR/Flyer Talk that on Monday, March 18th, the AGR Web Site will Announce "Double Days"!

From March 18th to May 18, 2013, WHEN YOU REGISTER, you will Earn Double Points on Any Route, Any Train Travel on Amtrak! Details will be in the Announcement on the AGR Web Site on Monday the 18th Nothing About Triple Points! :( !

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a big boulder rolling down tracks your train is on. And the poor engineer capturing the picture before he is crushed.
That happened to me on Wednesday on the California Zephyr!! It knocked out one engine which

required a Union Pacific freight engine to replace the broken Amtrak engine and we were 9 hours

and 32 minutes late into Emeryville. We arrived at SFC at 2:40am.

Looks like a big boulder rolling down tracks your train is on. And the poor engineer capturing the picture before he is crushed.
That happened to me on Wednesday on the California Zephyr!! It knocked out one engine which

required a Union Pacific freight engine to replace the broken Amtrak engine and we were 9 hours

and 32 minutes late into Emeryville. We arrived at SFC at 2:40am.
That's kinda scary.

Back