ALB-BOS in NE Zone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSmith

Service Attendant
I was looking at the AGR zone chart and noticed something strange. In the NE Zone map, the Lake Shore Limited between Albany and Springfield is missing. Does this mean that one cannot book the Lake Shore Limited to Boston using a NE Zone reward, but would have to use a 1 Zone reward? All the other shorter lines seem to be present (e.g., Ethan Allen, Vermonter, Adirondack, Downeaster, Keystone, etc.).

In other words, to go from, say, Buffalo to Boston in coach, would it cost 3000 or 5500 points?

I noticed that too. But I think it is just an oversight. In fact, on some maps, it does not even show tthe NEC going thru RI! :blink: But I know that is in error, because I had got an award from KIN (Kingston, RI) to BUF (Buffalo, NY) for 3,000 points.

Very strange...

in doing a test booking on amtrak.com (award reservation search), the Lakeshore Limited from BUF-ALB and from ALB-BOS price at 3,000 points, but the Lakeshore Limited from BUF-BOS prices at 5,500 points.

It wouldn't really surprise me to see the LL excluded from the NE zone given the history of the zone (it was introduced as a replacement to the old unreserved one zone awards once the NEC when reserved-only), but this pricing is weird...

#4 - My 3,000 point award KIN-BUF was on a Regional (AFI) and the LSL (AFII)!
It's very strange--as I posted above 3,000 point awards are available online on the Lakeshore Limited for certain routings, but not from BUF-BOS.

It really makes little sense, and it's some sort of bug.

Back