Albany NY - convenient car rental drop off for Amtrak station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UKPhil

Train Attendant
Can someone give me some advice on dropping off a rental car near to Albany station so that we can pick up the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago. Were thinking on getting to the station at 6pm for the 7.05pm departure

We (the family) will be travelling with luggage so any practical tips would be appreciated

Not decided on a rental company yet

PHIL

I'm semi familiar with that station,living in the area for over 35 years (but not now). The airport (of course) has drop offs, but it is a $25+ taxi ride to the station. I do believe there are car rentals available at the station, like Hertz and Avis. You may even want to check with Enterprise. ("We pick you up!") That may also be a possibility.

Hertz may be a possibility - is anyone aware of a hertz dropoff point at the station

we have our tickets already purchased for the train from Albany

thanks

If you do chose Hertz, they have a partnership agreement with Amtrak at many stations. They my even have designated parking spaces at the stations, and you can drop off the car keys at the counter. (I'm not certain about that.)

I rented a car from Hertz a couple of summers ago. The pickup/dropoff point is 5 mins. across the river in Albany at a big downtown hotel, the name of which escapes me. I "scored" a free ride to the station after dropoff by hitching on the shuttle provided by the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back