Albany, NY Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like CTDA (the bus system) has buses to and from the airport and route 214 goes to the Amtrak station if you are looking at an alternative to renting a car or taking a taxi. See ctda.org.

It's a long way. Years ago when I lived in the area (1994 and prior), taxis ran something like $23 one way!
ohmy.gif
(I'm sure the price went up in the last 17 years!)

If at all possible, take CDTA. It's not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did this about a week ago to go pick up a rental car at the airport. Hertz and Enterprise will let you drop off at the train station, but won't let you pick up there. The Capitaland Taxi company has a monopoly on all pickups from the Albany station. The fares are by zones, not meters. The fare to the airport is $42. If you can find a way to do it on CDTA, that would probably be a good idea. The other taxi companies in Albany are a rip off, too. We stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn in downtown, and the cab that took us back over to the station in the morning charged us $27 for a 2 mile ride... :angry2:

Part of the problem lies with the fact that the Albany station is actually in Rennselear which is a separate county and jurisdiction from Albany and the airport.

I guess regional government has not quite reached this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back