Am I jinxed?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, this is my first post, since august of ' 04 I've traveled a good bit on Amtrak, but three trips stand out! August '04 I was traveling from K.C. to St Louis when everything shut down to allow for MR RAILROADER himself John Kerry to continue his whistlestop tour west thru MO, this event resulted in the suspension of Amtrak conductor Leslie Farr, bc he told us to vote accordinely in november, august 1st 2005, NOL - NYP on crescent, Have a roomette, NO A/C till Baltimore 20+ hours, we are offered no other accomadations or places to sit by no one, it was horrible!!!!! Sept 29th 2005 , Texas Eagle Southbound CHI-DALLAS , derail in Jefferson County, MO, It could have been a lot worse, but I am totally puzzled that Amtrak never once did a follow up report with me to see maybe our input as passengers as to how they treated the situation, I think they did a Great Job, but one would think that they would cover all basis once the rescue and transporting people to final destinations is over, I hope they consider this a major event, Last but not least, we were told at the hotel they put is up at that we would be greatly compensated, well the response back from CS was they will refund only the portion of my trip, i was in hammond LA and i wanted to go to DALLAS , so it cost me 2 segments, you'd think the least they'd do is refund that, well I sent another letter and finally got a $200 voucher. Anyone feel the same as I do about the follow up after a major derailment?

skeets50 said:
Hello All, this is my first post, since august of ' 04  I've traveled a good bit on Amtrak, but three trips stand out!  August '04 I was traveling from K.C. to St Louis when everything shut down to allow for MR RAILROADER himself John Kerry to continue his whistlestop tour west thru MO, this event resulted in the suspension of Amtrak conductor Leslie Farr, bc he told us to vote accordinely in november, august 1st 2005, NOL - NYP on crescent, Have a roomette, NO A/C till Baltimore 20+ hours, we are offered no other accomadations or places to sit by no one, it was horrible!!!!!  Sept 29th 2005 , Texas Eagle Southbound CHI-DALLAS , derail in Jefferson County, MO, It could have been a lot worse, but I am totally puzzled that Amtrak never once did a follow up report with me to see maybe our input as passengers as to how they treated the situation, I think they did a Great Job, but one would think that they would cover all basis once the rescue and transporting people to final destinations is over, I hope they consider this a major event, Last but not least, we were told at the hotel they put is up at that we would be greatly compensated, well the response back from CS was they will refund only the portion of my trip, i was in hammond LA and i wanted to go to DALLAS , so it cost me 2 segments, you'd think the least they'd do is refund that, well I sent another letter and finally got a $200 voucher. Anyone feel the same as I do about the follow up after a major derailment?
Skeets.....I was running through old posts that I missed while away and ran across this one. In answer to your Question, Yahhhhhh, not at all.

But would you please post your next itinerary for rail travel so I might cancel mine if they are the same? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back