amenities at jacksonville station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp-44

Train Attendant
What is at JAX now is there a car rental office restaurants or just a station been 40yrs since I was there planning a trip to St. Augustine next year and want to rent a car to drive over

It's been close to 10 years since I was last there, but there wasn't much there at that time. And I'm not sure that there is much room to put anything in there either.

There is no restaurant. I do not recall if there is a rental car desk (like there is in Orlando). I think the station was in a different location 40 years ago.

Not much in amenities at the JAX station. There is a decent size waiting area with restrooms. Vending machines w/microwave. There is a McDonalds in short walking distance but you must cross the Highway of Death (US 1) to get there.

As far as rental cars, I have seen Enterprise pick and drop off passengers. There was a Hertz dropoff box the last time I was there back in November. No agent however. Not sure if renting with Hertz is a by arrangement only or the box itself is from a bygone era.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to all I will call enterprise and see what kind of arrangements they have yes I think the last time I was there we backed into the station that was on the silver star

Jacksonville station has little to offer and is in a somewhat remote location in a not very nice part of time. Consider staying on the train to Palatka, FL, south of Jacksonville. It would let you have more time on the train, a leisurely breakfast and avoid Jacksonville traffic. Palatka to St. Augustine is a about a 30 mile drive on a pleasant state road. Jax station to St. Augustine is around 50 miles. Mr. Google shows both Enterprise and Hertz have a a Palatka office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back