Amtrak app train status time zone glitch?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtrakpass

Service Attendant
I've noticed the Amtrak app seems to mistakenly adjust the time zone lately. For instance i am on 49 this morning and upon leaving south bend the app shows the scheduled arrival time in Chicago as 10:45am not 9:45 as it actually is. Likewise if i check the status of every other train it adds the hour like the capitol limited shows a scheduled arrival of 9:45, not 8:45am as it actually is. Has anyone else had this experience? I have an android samsung s7. Perhaps it is the phone that is making this time change in the app? Anyway of course i know from experience what the actual time of arrival is but it could be very confusing if you were not aware.

I see the time corrected itself in the app as i got to central time but it still should never be adjusted in the first place. Should always be showing the actual local time of the station your checking in the app. Hope this hasn't caused any issues for passengers.

I'm only guessing here, but maybe it does that if you're in a different time zone so passengers know they have 7 hours left to travel. They will not worry that they're "late" when they arrive in Chicago a hour "early".

Sounds like an app bug ("feature"?) to me. If you report it to the developer, they will likely fix it in their next update.

Back