Amtrak booking down today?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're having IT trouble. A friend called who wanted to book RNO>SAC and couldn't find Train 5, but did find the Capitol Corridor bus. I went in for the same date and only got Train 5. Friend decided to wait a few days.

As John B states in his post about the maps, sounds like the whole IT system is messed up. Reminds me of the "crash" in Oct 2014. I couldn't track my inbound train and the conductors couldn't scan our tickets.

For DEN>SJC this afternoon the one-way coach fare was $303 on a day that the itinerary was available. Other days (example = Nov 3rd) showed no trains available.

I was able to find DEN>EMY as operating on the days that DEN>SJC said no trains.

Breaking it into DEN>EMY $103 and EMY>SJC $19 made it more reasonable, although then they wouldn't have to worry about Train 5 connecting to the last train to San Jose. Perhaps they've rolled the cost to them of a hotel room in EMY into the fare.

Back