Amtrak cancellation, what's the fee?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

A friend of mine has a train trip booked in May on the Empire Builder and wanted me to ask what the fee is if he was to cancel one direction of the trip? If it's x far in advance do they not have a refund fee? Or is it always 10% on the entire half of the trip?

According to the person I talked with, until the tickets are issued you can get 100% refund.

Told him he should sign up here but he's not a computer techy.

Thanks a bunch!
I didn't see a direct answer to the question. If I have a round trip ticket and only want to use the return portion of it. Is it possible to get a refund on the first direction of the trip? if so, how? I tried online but it seems to only provide a way to change the existing to another trip or to cancel the ENTIRE round trip.

I could buy another one way trip and cancel the original round trip, but the costs have gone up now. But if that is my only option it is still cheaper than the round trip ticket if there is no way to refund part of it.

Thanks so much for your insights and knowledge of how the policy is actually being applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back