Amtrak Christmas Ornaments

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahZ

Quality Control
1477944_10152052249334014_968268606_n.jpg

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=5552&pid=132203

Uniquely created for Amtrak, a limited-edition ornament has been custom designed and manufactured by a prominent American company.

Designed in silver-tone, the ornament is the first in a long-distance train series and features the Amtrak Cardinal.

The ornament depicts a red cardinal overlooking the train as it passes through snowcapped mountains. Each ornament is shipped in its own silver-foil stamped box, perfect for gift-giving during the holidays or throughout the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to collect all of them. $20 isn't bad. It's pretty much on par with the Hallmark ornaments.

Hmm. Since I rode the Cardinal to the gathering, I may just have to get this for myself (or hint to my daughters).

I've always wanted to have a Christmas tree with a train running around it. (Having two cats will make this tricky, but I think it would be kind of funny too.)

I think it would be neat to collect all of these and have a train-themed tree. :)

I got my 1st train set --- running around the tree even --- when I was 19. Prior to the house I grew up in, my dad had an extensive, I believe, train set (Lionel) with houses, etc. But by the time I came along, we lived in a house with no basement so he did not set it up. :(

When we moved (I was 11) to a house with a basement AND a train table already set up in one half, we didn't have the train set. Though I set up my train set on this table it never got the "full treatment". I still have a few of my cars.

And yes, cats can wreck havoc...especially since they can get to the back of the tree and derail the train there. :help: :eek: :p

I would buy one with the Capitol Limited, though I wish they hadn't put the year on them... I have fond memories of a Christmas trip on the CL in 2010, but not in 2013. I'd rather not have to go out of my way to take another Christmas vacation just to justify the correct dating of a holiday ornament.

OT- Got one of the Capitol Building from that trip, also a couple from NYC... including this free baroque plastic thing from the Rockette's Christmas Spentacular. Not my cup of tea, but company enjoyed it thouroughly.

Are they really going to release another Cardinal in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc? If not then what's the point of including the year in the design? I also wish they would have designed it to work with or without a string.

I hate it when sites don't give you shipping information up front before you have to create an account. I think it is such a poor customer service attitude and refuse to buy from any business the does that.

I've always wanted to have a Christmas tree with a train running around it. (Having two cats will make this tricky, but I think it would be kind of funny too.)

I think it would be neat to collect all of these and have a train-themed tree. :)
We recently got a new kitten. When we brought the tree in he looked at us as if to say, "A present, for me, heh heh heh". I think if we had a train running round it, it would be the derailment central.

Are they really going to release another Cardinal in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc? If not then what's the point of including the year in the design? I also wish they would have designed it to work with or without a string.
It would make sense that one would buy the ornaments on a specific year to retain the memory...

I hate it when sites don't give you shipping information up front before you have to create an account. I think it is such a poor customer service attitude and refuse to buy from any business the does that.
I agree that needing an account to purchase, let alone just to see basic details, is straight out of the 1990's.

It would make sense that one would buy the ornaments on a specific year to retain the memory...
I already have a hundred Amtrak memories that don't benefit one wit from having 2013 stamped into the design.

Only on AU would people debate something as simple as a freaking Christmas ornament.

Only on AU would people debate something as simple as a freaking Christmas ornament.

:giggle:

Funny that you posted this because I was hunting for Amtrak ornaments today.

I really don't like the Cardinal ornament at all, not my style - not that anyone cares :p

I'd love to see a German glass Engine and a Superliner would be nice too but an engine would be perfect.

Amtrak posted a pic on FB tonight and everyone thinks it's an ornament that's for sale - I wish it was.

It definitely looks nicer - to me - than the Cardinal ornament.

amtrakornament_zps20b0ee1e.jpg

Exactly! These ornaments are known as "keepsakes". Most guys don't understand this concept. I love decorating my tree every year with keepsakes dated 1975, 1984, etc. The memories of who gave me these ornaments or what they represent mean so much to me.

1477944_10152052249334014_968268606_n.jpg

http://store.amtrak.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=5552&pid=132203

Uniquely created for Amtrak, a limited-edition ornament has been custom designed and manufactured by a prominent American company.

Designed in silver-tone, the ornament is the first in a long-distance train series and features the Amtrak Cardinal.

The ornament depicts a red cardinal overlooking the train as it passes through snowcapped mountains. Each ornament is shipped in its own silver-foil stamped box, perfect for gift-giving during the holidays or throughout the year.
Thanks. That's a good idea for a present. I wish they had the train I went on (SWC).

Full shipping options as best I could determine...

5-10 Day Domestic via USPS @ Unknown*

3-7 Day Domestic via UPS @ $8.24 or 43%

3 Day Domestic via UPS @ $15.35 or 77%

2 Day Domestic via UPS @ $14.99 or 75%

1 Day PM Domestic via UPS @ $48.45 or 242%

1 Day (AM?) Domestic via UPS @ $37.14 or 186%

----------------

2-7 Day International "Ground" via UPS @ Unknown*

1-3 Day International "Expedited" via UPS @ Unknown*

1-2 Day 4:30PM International "Express Saver" via UPS @ Unknown*

1-2 Day 12:00PM International "Express" @ via UPS Unknown*

*Shows $0.00 on payment page but says you'll be charged another fee of unknown size when it actually ships. Is that even legal? It sounds kind of like a blank check option for people with too much money or too few brain cells.

----------------

Does Amtrak sell any of these items on board the train or at any of their stations?

If they do that would seem to be the better way to go for anyone who's cost conscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back