Amtrak Clocker Train Route.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Amtrak's Clockers may see a little business if people from New Jersey decide to go into New York on the biggest shopping day of the year. I would expect commuter trains to be somewhat full too. Just a guess though, as I have never been to NYC the day after Thanksgiving. ;)

This is true. Technically tomorrow is a work day for most, but most take the day off. Shoppers may also use the Clockers to get into NYC for shopping.

Amfleet said:
Well, Amtrak's Clockers may see a little business if people from New Jersey decide to go into New York on the biggest shopping day of the year. I would expect commuter trains to be somewhat full too. Just a guess though, as I have never been to NYC the day after Thanksgiving. ;)
Sorry guys, but I've got to disagree with you once more. :)

Assuming that someone from NJ decides to head into NY via train, they are most likely going to take NJ Transit, not a Clocker. NJT runs far more trains and fares are 1/3 of what Amtrak charges. Amtrak wants $44.00 from TRE - NYP, while NJT only want $10.40 for a one way trip. Amtrak is $88 round trip, NJT only $15.75.

Additionally most shoppers and/or tourists are not going to get up early enough to catch a clocker. The three morning clockers hit TRE at 6:12 AM, 7:13 AM, and 7:45 AM. They arrive into NYP at 7:15, 8:20, and 8:53. These are not times that anyone not going to work would find attractive.

Now the times for the Clockers headed back to NJ are much better, but again the price is still quite high. So unless you really want a better seat, you're not going to take this train unless you are a commuter.

Since fully half the people have tomorrow off, there won't be too many commuters on those clockers. :)

I don't think many people would go to NY for shopping, unless they waived the sales tax today. Unless New Yorkers are returning home, or going out to NJ for shopping, I couldn't imagine much traffic on the clockers.

Good Afternoon is the Clocker Service Trains will have lots of Passagers on Wednesday December 24 (Chirstmas Eve)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back