Amtrak Clocker Train Route.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
battalion51 said:
I have to think that Amtrak is going to have at least some say in the prices considering Amtrak owns the tracks, it wouldn't be a good business decision to let them off significantly lower prices.
This would not be too much of an issue if the frequency remains as is since it would not significantly effect SB traffic in the AM or NB traffic in the PM. However, I would love to get my hands on a copy of the operating agreement just to see what if any stipulations are in there regarding this.

I was also under the impression that they would br run into 30th street thus keeping the route whole. If they ran only to Trenton then SEPTA would have to add cars to the R7 due to the increased passenger load. Also, if they ran them only to Trenton wouldn't this then be redundant with the existing Trenton service.

I'm not positive about that. They may have all gone over to NJT ALP-46's, especially in light of Amtrak's electric motor shortage.

Does the Clocker Trains have the lowest fares between New York Penn Station and Phila's 30th Street Station?

Amtrak Railfan said:
Does the Clocker Trains have the lowest fares between New York Penn Station and Phila's 30th Street Station?
Might that be dependent on availability, and thus differ day to day? Amtrak's Reservations site, "tickets.amtrak.com", can give you up-to-the-minute fares for any Amtrak itinerary. B)

The answer is maybe if you plan it in advance; however, when I do this trip it is usually planned the day before and then I find that the NJT with connection to SEPTA in Trenton is decidedly cheaper.

Expect the afternoon clockers to be much busier than the evening ones. Everyone tries to get away early on Wednesday, so the later trains will run lighter.

It's only the longer short haul and of course the long distance trains that will be full on Wednesday night.

This is true. Expect long distance trains like Silver Service to get busy tomorrow for Wednesday arrivals.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and now I want to know on Friday is Amtrak's Clocker will have lots of Passagers on the Train?

Amtrak Railfan said:
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and now I want to know on Friday is Amtrak's Clocker will have lots of Passagers on the Train?
Probably not, as Friday is not a big travel day and many people are off from work so they won't be commuting.

battalion51 said:
One could venture to guess that trains will be full throughout the weekend.
Actually Amtrak considers Friday to be an off day, so trains probably won't be very full at all. In fact all Acela's and Metroliner's have off peak fares on Friday, something that normally only occurs on Saturday's and early Sunday morning.

Additionally, Clocker's don't run on weekends. They are weekday only trains. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back