Amtrak Fall Foliage trips out of Philly

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can practice your Mary Poppins yoga :)

Fotolia_54220859_Subscription_XXL-500x360.jpg
:lol:

Change in plans for our trip to Philly. (What's new :huh: ). Due to some health concerns on our end, we may not be leaving until Friday morning. Thus, our chance for the points run has run amok. Will probably arrive in Philly by 5, we hope, but will likely just go next door to Ruby Tuesdays for supper and see everyone on Saturday morning early. Yes, this getting old thing is a pain, but still hoping we can get through a major storm pattern tomorrow for Ohio and get going on Friday AM. "Trick or treeters" may get blown away by the 40 mph winds we are expecting. :eek:
Hope you have a safe & stress free trip. See 'ya on Sat.

Change in plans for our trip to Philly. (What's new :huh: ). Due to some health concerns on our end, we may not be leaving until Friday morning. Thus, our chance for the points run has run amok. Will probably arrive in Philly by 5, we hope, but will likely just go next door to Ruby Tuesdays for supper and see everyone on Saturday morning early. Yes, this getting old thing is a pain, but still hoping we can get through a major storm pattern tomorrow for Ohio and get going on Friday AM. "Trick or treeters" may get blown away by the 40 mph winds we are expecting. :eek:
Hope you have a safe & stress free trip. See 'ya on Sat.
ditto

Has anyone seen the cars for the train in Philly yet? Just wonderin'........

I will be on the Sunday run with 5 other family members including my 2 year old daughter. I just found this forum after searching for more info on this excursion. Going on the trip was actually my mother's idea-she loves riding on trains. I've never called myself a railfan but I suppose I am at heart. I was into model railroading (PRR) as a child with my father and used to take trips with him to photograph trains in the 90's. I'm still into photography (mostly aviation) and have shot older decrepit GP9's and F7's in the NJ area. I'm hoping Sunday is somewhat relaxing and I can get some good photos. Unfortunately, I am worried about seating, the lines and not being able to take any pictures. I'm also hoping that my 2 year old enjoys the day and doesn't go stir crazy.

Ian

Four Amfleet I Coaches

Amfleet II Lounge

Five Horizon Coaches

Amfleet II Lounge

Four Horizon Coaches

#9800 Metroliner Conference Car

I should add now before things fall apart tomorrow.

My Dad is coming. He would like to sit towards the front of the train. I told him we can try, but it's a sold out train with 900 or so people and that he can't always get what he wants, simply as every seat will be filled.

I should also add, that my Dad has a very rare form of dementia that cause his temper to burst out of control. He also can't control what he says at times. I apologize fully in advance.

I plan on being at 30th Street around 715-730.

Has anybody found a schedule of the times the train should be hitting such points as Perryville, Columbia, the bridges, Hburg, Columbia again, and Lancaster station?

Will the Sunday train be running in the same direction and planned to be at the same times?

Has anybody found a schedule of the times the train should be hitting such points as Perryville, Columbia, the bridges, Hburg, Columbia again, and Lancaster station?

Will the Sunday train be running in the same direction and planned to be at the same times?
Someone posted a guesstimate either in this thread or the other thread for the excursion.

Someone posted a guesstimate either in this thread or the other thread for the excursion.
Betty - Shouldn't you be getting ready? :huh: And don't forget your electric cattle prod! :giggle:

Betty - Shouldn't you be getting ready? :huh: And don't forget your electric cattle prod! :giggle:
On the train to PHL now. Should be there in about 12 mins.

On the train to PHL now. Should be there in about 12 mins.
Have Fun!

Betty, don't board the Wrong Train!!

Perhaps I should give this advice to our Penny!!

Have a good time everyone.

The queue for the train looked like they were lining up for the iPhone 6.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back