Amtrak Half Roasted Chicken Replaced

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, will miss the chicken. Yes, it is a big meal. But when on the train I have breakfast and dinner and skip lunch. I always looked forward to the chicken as a dependable and tasty meal.
It definitely was not a "dainty" meal! To get the maximum amount of meat, you had to tear that bad boy apart and go after it like a scavenging bird.

Get those fingers greasy. Growl a bit. Lick those bones clean. The heck with formal table manners.

When I was done with the Half Roasted Chicken, there was usually nothing left for the kitchen cat!

I, for one, will miss the chicken. Yes, it is a big meal. But when on the train I have breakfast and dinner and skip lunch. I always looked forward to the chicken as a dependable and tasty meal.
It definitely was not a "dainty" meal! To get the maximum amount of meat, you had to tear that bad boy apart and go after it like a scavenging bird.

Get those fingers greasy. Growl a bit. Lick those bones clean. The heck with formal table manners.

When I was done with the Half Roasted Chicken, there was usually nothing left for the kitchen cat!
This is when a "like"button is needed.

This is when a "like"button is needed.
He certainly has a way with words. Are any of Amtrak's meals considered "dainty?" Perhaps the growling was a side effect of developing late stage diabetes. I'm pretty sure Amtrak's half roasted chicken had more than enough sodium to kill a cat.

He certainly has a way with words. Are any of Amtrak's meals considered "dainty?" Perhaps the growling was a side effect of developing late stage diabetes. I'm pretty sure Amtrak's half roasted chicken had more than enough sodium to kill a cat.
That hanger steak (or whatever it is called now) is pretty small :\ I miss when we used to get different cuts - New York, T-Bone, etc.

I thought the new crab cakes were good. Not as good as the Amtrak Crab Cakes from a few years ago (I thought they were excellent!) but still good.

The cheesecake and the chocolate tart are huge improvements from the previous desserts (the strawberry cheesecake and chocolate pudding). in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back