Amtrak is crazy

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

access bob

Lead Service Attendant
Both Traveller and I were on #50 when it was left stranded for over 10 hours in the New river gorge at Prince WV.

Both Traveller and I sent letters to Alex Kumant

howcome, Traveler gets a Travel certificate for $500

I get a travel certificate in the mail today for $150

he was traveling on AGR points and coach.

I paid for the trip and was in a sleeper

??????????????????

Bob

Both Traveller and I were on #50 when it was left stranded for over 10 hours in the New river gorge at Prince WV.Both Traveller and I sent letters to Alex Kumant

howcome, Traveler gets a Travel certificate for $500

I get a travel certificate in the mail today for $150

he was traveling on AGR points and coach.

I paid for the trip and was in a sleeper

??????????????????

Bob
I had a similar situation (different details) last year and when I initially made contact with customer relations I was told after a period of explainations and questions that they would be sending me a $500 voucher.

A few weeks later I received a voucher for $150 so I called back and explained everything to another agent. After a review he agreed that my situation did warrant a $500 voucher and he processed another voucher to me for $350 to supplement the first voucher.

Don't write or call Alex Kumant! I can garantee you that he won't be available to respond! Do call or email customer relations (they'll eventually call you back by phone if you email) and explain your situation. Be sincere and use a friendly and tactful tone, and if they agree with you, I'm sure they will do something more for you!

After Edit: I forgot one more thing! If my suggestion fails, then roll Traveler! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if you roll me ON TO A TRAIN - not UNDER A TRAIN! :D

One thing that Bob has on me is that he RECEIVED a $150 travel cert in the mail - I got PROMISED a $500 travel cert (but I'm still waiting for it)! And one small correction: I did travel on an AGR award, but I had a roomette from PDX to the point of no return!

I FINALLY received my voucher in the mail! :D Now you can roll me - onto the AE next October! :p

Yes, Amtrak CS is crazy! Both Bob and I were on #50 and had the same things happen - and I got over 3 time the voucher! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back